An Electrical Spotter can spot for machinery in civil construction plant and equipment such as excavators, backhoes, skid-steers, trucks that are equipped with vacuum non-destructive digging, tip trucks, elevated work platforms (boom lifts), scissor lifts, all types of cranes, concrete boom pump, vehicle loading cranes, forklifts, location of underground assets.
What you would need to know about Electrical Spotters / Safety Observers
- When do you enter a no go zones and how they work, including when to use a spotter
- How to manage OH&S / safety near no go zones by developing a safe work method statement (SWMS document)
- What training does a spotter need, such as knowledge of the plant or mobile equipment being used in the area and the hazards of working near overhead electrical assets
- What training to provide all employees working near overhead electrical assets need, such as first aid, tickets/licences, inductions, etc.
- What to include in emergency planning if a incident arises